I think the most important issue with sound for a VR recordings IS that the
sound format in the delivered product should be ambisonics, first order is
good enough.

This will enable the possibility for easy syncing of the sound perspective
together with the visual direction of view.
This would also make it possible to add a second level of sound exploration
with binaural headtracked sound :-)

I am thinking of a 2 sensor system, the first sensor in the tablet and the
second a sensor added to track the head movements.

The first sensor control the visual and main sonic point of view, the head
tracking sensor only affects a second layer of sound directivity control.

The "only" thing missing is the integration of a playback software suite.
We have all the parts available to prove the final product.
Not all the software implementations are perfect yet.

We need the time of a good student programmer to integritet the available
software parts to crate first proof of concept with VR video inluding first
order ambisonics.

Best Regards
Bo-Erik Sandholm