Hi John,

I am wondering if you have any information on their personalization approach? I
have worked a bit on that problem, and I know that you can either do it by some
visual/scanning input (e.g. using a camera and extracting morphological
dimensions from images), or some acoustic input (e.g. taking some reference
measurements and try to infer the shape of the HRTFs at all directions from
these), or tune parametric HRTF filters by giving the user some active
listening task (e.g. a localization game).

I could see OSSIC being in the second category, but they do not advertise any
microphones inside the casing (and even if they had, from that distance you can
measure mostly the canal response rather than the far-field HRTF useful for
binaural listening). Probably you can get a rough estimate of the distance
between the two ears without any of these approaches, to tune some rough ITDs
based on a sphere, but this is not exactly the HRTF personalization advertized
in their website? I am thinking of trying them, and any additional info before
buying would be welcome.

Regards,
Archontis