Sent: Monday, January 9, 2017 4:33 PM
To: Surround Sound discussion group
Subject: Re: [Sursound] The BBC & Quadrophony in 1973

Most likely this broadcast Alan; I wonder if Transcription Services still
have the tape!?
Note the reference to the 'Quadraphon'   :-)

From the Radio Times archives -
The Monday Play: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
By LEWIS CARROLL
BBC Radio 4 FM, 12 December 1977 19.20
(A quadraphonic broadcast using Matrix H, compatible for both stereo and
mono receivers)

Synopsis:-
The world premiere of a new musical adapted for radio with additional lyrics
by JOHN WELLS and music composed and conducted by CARL DAVIS with Polly
James as Alice
No "Eat Me!" "Drink Me!" Golden Key,
No Mushroom Left or Right,
Turn on, my Dears, and you will be
In Wonderland tonight!
With glittering Scales the Quadraphon
Spreads wide its wond'rous Wings:
Melodious Creatures cry "Come on",
And dance, as Alice sings.
(JOHN WELLS)
Associate conductor MICHAEL REEVES
A Transcription Services Recording by ADRIAN REVILL.
Directed bv IAN COTTERELL
(Richard Goolden is appearing, in 'Dirty Linen' at the Arts Theatre Club,
London)
Contributors
Written By: Lewis Carroll
Adapted By: John Wells