Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:58 AM
To: Surround Sound discussion group
Subject: Re: [Sursound] The BBC & Quadrophony in 1973

On 2017-01-09, Alan Varty wrote:

It was repeated several times over a period of about 12 months or so and advertised as being either QUAD or MATRIX-H and eventually HJ in Radio Times.

Tell me/us, is any of this H-stuff available anywhere? Has anybody tried
decoding it via the usual UHJ machinery?

Because as far as I remember, the encoding locus of H and UHJ are
compatible; in fact I seem to remember that UHJ was designed to be
compatible with Matrix H. So that an UHJ decode of H ought to work like
a charm, by definition. With UHJ decoders being much more easily
available than anything purely worked for H... ;)
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2