On 2017-01-09, Augustine Leudar wrote:

Hi Stefan - yes I have a set of soundman ones which Ive use don and off for the last ten years - I have really weird shaped ears though so my recordings dont work well on people with normal shaped heads ;)

BTW, I have to second that. I have pretty normal shaped ears, but also rather a funky hearing deficit. Probably a hereditary one. I basically have a steep symmetric null in my hearing capacity, at about 2kHz, with no LF or HF attenuation whatsoever. Perhaps even circa +15dB rollon at HF (normalized for my age). That fucks up your usual Kemar set derived HRTF like no tomorrow.

Goes to show, we're all different, so that it's pretty difficult to do psychoacoustical optimization which fits all of us at the same time. Pretty much the only thing which could work for us all is some type of physical reconstruction of sound(fields), or a very generalized psychoacoustical optimization -- which is perhaps why I like ambisonic as much as I do :)
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2