On 2017-01-10, Stefan Schreiber wrote:

I came basically to the same conclusions. (AAC implementation possible, some MP3 "hack" maybe...) But to implement this, you or I or anybody would need the (detailled) format specifications.

It'd take a fair amount of digging, but I think I have all of that stashed away somewhere, for at least the MPEG2 layers and Transport Streams, MPEG4, RIFF, DTS, AC3 and Core Audio. Not exactly sure about the newer coding tools like Parametric Stereo, though. (Of all the things, I collect data format specs.)
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2