Hi Steven,

(hurried reply on the go) the numbers were for 17cm diameter (8.5cm radius).
You also get around 15-18dB SNR improvement just by combining that many
microphones, that’s still included in that simulation.

I wasn’t saying that the device is not good or useful, apart from the video,
you can do a lot of useful stuff with that many microphones, binaural
rendering, beamforming etc.. I was saying that it’s not a very good HOA
microphone with these specs.

Best,
Archontis Politis

On 30 May 2017, at 16:26, Steven Boardman