if you just want a stereo binaural file to hand over, you are probably
better off with a binaural mic.

monitoring just one channel of the A-format is just listening to one of the
capsules, which will be pointing in a particular direction. Or you could
monitor the two front facing capsules and get quasi stereo.

The advantage of A-Format is it picks up the full soundfield, so you can
decide which direction you want your binaural render to be facing after you
have recorded it.