Their limiter doesn't work like that Ralf. It's a hybrid type. If its
enabled the analog record attenuated by 12db, but compensated by a 12db
gain digitally. When the signal hits the limiter, the digital gain
compensation is removed. Leaving the adc un clipped. Its not as good as
limiters solely in the analog domain, but a good compromise. If recording
24bit this isn't to much of a problem. Especially on the f8 as you can use
the other 4 preamps to record at a different level.

My take on all this, is the more the merrier.
Having an all in one small unit, however non professional is great. I have
a twirling720 lite, which works with my phone. I have it on me all the
time. Not exactly professional standard, but some of the sounds i have
recorded, would not of happened if it was pro gear.
I just wouldn't risk losing it. Its cheap and Its small, and i always have
my phone anyway...

Best

Steve