Hi Fons,
All of the people I have approached so far have been professionals (so far
Meyer, Martin audio and Bose) - if you know of any company that would
deliver a maintenance package covering all technical infrastructure for 35
years (speakers, cabling, 8 channel player) then please point me in their
direction.  Ideally a company would take care of that side and be
responsible so I could focus on content, I really dont want to be
responsible for that side of things - however for any budget 35 years is a
big commitment to make - possibly an unrealistic one. Ive  a lot of
experience with creepy crawlys  and speakers as a lot of the stuff I do is
outdoors and has included one at  research station in virgin rainforest in
Ecuador  - the Eden project in particular had a particularly robust ant
that ate through even the toughest of 16 amp cabling - used to send the
technicians up the wall. Eden bought dozens of really hi-end weatherproof
speakers, they lasted a year an a half..... conversely I've seen some
Behringer ms10s that withstood months of tropical storms in the Amazon - so
price doesn't always reflect durability either . In this case though its
temperate climate and there is budget which any company can contact me
about via PM.

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 19:49, Fons Adriaensen <f...@linuxaudio.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 10:41:13AM +0000, Augustine Leudar wrote:
>
> > If you needed speakers for a permanent outdoor installation with speakers
> > than need to last decades - does such a thing exist ? Any
> recommendations ?
> > What about media players ?
>
> If things have to last outdoors for longer than a year, I'd say to consult
> some professionals for this. If after two winters the cables used to
> connect
> your speakers disintegrate, or if the speakers start to fall down because
> the screws used to attach them are corroded, it doesn't matter much which
> speakers you use. Also don't underestimate the power of small species with
> 6 or 8 legs to invade your equipment and turn it into their cosy home.
>
> Cheap solutions won't last for something like this.
>
> --
> FA

Dr. Augustine Leudar
Artistic Director Magik Door LTD