Over two decades ago I had a pair of quad pots made by Penny & Giles. Totally
passive with conductive plastic tracks. Very nice, but limited to four outputs
(or I suppose for mixing four inputs to mono), and fairly pricey. There wasn’t
a lot else available at the time apart from the Audio & Design (??) ambisonic
panner and decoder. This one doesn’t seem to be available any more.

I used them a few times, but sold them after they had been stuck in a cupboard
for several years.

Otherwise it would be possible to construct something with a cheaper, more
readily available, pan pot, and a bunch of VCA’s. As the pots in most quad pots
don’t cover the whole of their range some sort of scaling and offset for each
output is required, even for just four outputs. More outputs would require
different scalings and offsets.

Or as Conan Wynne suggested, some Modular synth bits.

Ciao,

Dave Hunt