I sent the last mail off too late. and forgot to change the subject line,
sorry...

Also, of course Stockhausen's panners for the Osaka Pavilion

https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md5tgxLKE11rifgmco4_500.jpg

and I seem to remember an early photo of the GRM Acousmonion with
some kind of 3d panner with inductance coils (or is that my imagination?)
If I find the links I will post them.

best, Justin