     Subject: Re: [Sursound] octofile release
     Date: Mon Jul 30 22:30:42 EDT 2018

Here is a link:
https://mail.music.vt.edu/mailman/private/sursound/2018-July/049694.html

The simple problem is that the field in the
header used for the number of channels is
only three bits.

In include/FLAC/format.h, I changed  FLAC__MAX_CHANNELS from 8u to 128u

In src/libFLAC/format.c, I changed
FLAC__STREAM_METADATA_STREAMINFO_CHANNELS_LEN from 3 to 8.

The code compiles, but encoding more than 8 channels fails (I tried with 19).
It still works with 8.

It's a question for the FLAC dev mailing list....

Marc