On 1/2/22 1:13 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
On Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 06:19:03AM +0200, Sampo Syreeni wrote:

Hi. How about if you all also join the Facebook-group, corresponding to this
one? Because it'd be nice as always... ;)

So you suggest to support a platform

I agree, I do not see a reason ("convenience" is not enough for me) to support a commercial platform that profits from conflict and misinformation, and sells behavioral information all the time.

I was trying to come up with an analogy of how misinformation would be monetized even in the sursound group, but my imagination failed me... I'm sure if we go there we will find out pretty soon.

-- Fernando

* that systematically amplifies division, extremism, and
   polarization around the world,

* where you are the product to be sold, for any purpose
   including manipulation of elections,

* is owned by a sociopath who thinks that you have no right
   to privacy, and has consistently lied about Facebook's
   policies.

The sooner FB disappears the better it will be for all of us.