On 2022-03-25, Drew Kirkland wrote:

I have one, I can send some recordings. It is a flatter response than the sennheiser Ambo. It's very light and the capsules are reasonably well matched.

How does it compare to full-blown, classical designs such as the Mark IV or V Soundfields?

I ask because theory-wise pantophonic and periphonic soundfields shouldn't be captured the same way, nor do they represent even the same encoding system. The mics used are thoroughly different, and especially with pantophony (at worst some derivative of just XY), people seem to do whathever, and don't even quantify their secret sauce.

What are the equations, here? Also, how and *why* does it sound?
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - de...@iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3751464, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2