In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> (I have no own experience with it but it seems that one of the biggest
> German IAPs, T-online, is a case in question; at least I read a lot of
> complaints about net access there without their proprietary, Win$-doped
> access prog.)
I can't confirm: though T-Online doesn't offer support for
anything else but Windows, one can connect with any other OS and
ppp stack. I use the same epppd with UKA_PPP and can log in to
T-Online, and Nettamer's service1.log works well, too. Root of
the numerous complaints is the stupidity of many Windows users.
This appeares clearly in T-Onlines support newsgroups.

--
Tibor Mocsar