Hi jude,

     About "Access to this mail-list thru a .QWK Off-Line Mail Reader"
of February 6:

JD> ...ever succeeded in getting pine working under dos without windows?
HS> ....I use Pine 3.91...  ...less memory and seems to crash less...
HS> ...only useful if your ISP has an imap mail server, which mine does.

     Yes, i have but partly:  the NewsGroup reading was going fine but i
wasn't able to use my ~E-Mail~ InBound account because it was ~POP3~ and
`PC-Pine v3.96' wants ~IMAP~ or nothing, i'm afraid!  `PineRC' reads as:

***********************************************************[ `PineRC' ]*
user-domain={my-isp's-domain.name}
nntp-server={nntpserver.domain.name}
news-collections=News *{nntpserver.domain.name/nntp}[a.news.group's.url]
############################## Preferences #############################
editor=edit.exe
newsrc-path=NEWSRC
news-spool-directory=NEWS
****************************************************************[ EOF ]*

     More work still needs to be done.  For example, it may very well be
possible that the `user-domain=' field shouldn't have curly braces!  8-o
Also, i haven't tried to use my ~E-Mail~ OutBound or ~SMTP~ account yet.

     `NewsRC' looked as follows but i didn't create that file by myself:

***********************************************************[ `NewsRC' ]*
a.news.group's.url:
****************************************************************[ EOF ]*
                  ^

     See the character which was added at the end of the NewsGroup name?

JD> 3.96 was the last version that would do that...

     Do that?  Euh...  At lot of mail came in since that "that".  Sorry!

                                  %-)

JD> ...still available from cac.washington.edu.  I tried but had no luck
JD> getting that done.

     I already had my copy but thanks for the suggestion anyway.  :)  It
may no help but i hope the few indications from above will get you a bit
nearer from whatever it was you weren't lucky enough to do...  Have fun!

                                             Salutations,  8-)

                                             www3.sympatico.ca/bicephale
                                             a/s Bicephale

... DOS+TCP/IP+TelNet+ZMoDem/Kermit+.QWK technologies for XTs or better!