Hi everybody,

     I just received a direct ~E-Mail~ which i believe is related to "16
Bit Graphic Editors" of March 1st, i think maybe it would help us all if
we could share our favorite search engines.  :)  I know we don't all use
`Copernic' or the like (i don't even use `Win 95' yet, hence i don't)...

                                  ;-)

HC> There's a thing called "CompuShow"...
HE> ...Graphics Workshop...  Image Alchemy (v1.7)...
MS> ...a directory full of graphics...  ...`QuickView Protected Mode
MS> v2.47' will play ~MPEG~ files including sound...
  > I came across your post for seeing pics...  ...and hearing music...
  > Can you give me the url...

     I checked my previous post and i can see why you couldn't find this
program to which i refered without mentioning an archive name, try that:

          http://www.multimediaware.com/qv/qvpro247.zip (306 Kb)

     The supported sound formats are .WAV, .VOC, .MP3 and other ~MPEG~s.
You won't get the full set of "balance", "bass"/"treeble" and "surround"
commands but volume can be adjusted.  Should you need to play .MOD, .SM3
or .XM synthesizer files, i suggest using `XTC-Play' or `JukeBox MP3'...
The archive's names are:  `XTCP097c.ZIP' and `JukeMP3.ZIP' respectively.

     By the way, one nice site i have visited and which i like a lot is:

          ftp://ftp.elf.stuba.sk/pub/pc/

     That's from where i DownLoaded `XTCP097c.ZIP', it can be found in a
directory called /sound/ - and don't miss the oportunity to look around!

                                  8^)

     The current home of `XTC-Play' appears to be located at this ~URL~:

          ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pubc/demos/scene.org/demos/groups/sanction/

     I don't recall what my search engine was at the moment but here are
those i often use:  www.alltheweb.com, www.ftpfind.com, www.yahoo.com or
www.google.com and perhaps ftpsearch.ntnu.no would still be valid too...

                                             Salutations,  8-)

                                             Michel Samson
                                             www3.sympatico.ca/bicephale
                                             a/s Bicephale

... DOS+TCP/IP+TelNet+ZMoDem/Kermit+.QWK technologies for XTs or better!