Ben A L Jemmett wrote:

> D'you want a compute/compile server account to speed the process?
> I can get you an account on my dual PIII-800 workstation from the
> end of next month...

Thank you very much for the offer.  But I'm still on
a pay-by-the-minute 33.6 dial-up.  Prolonged telnet/ftp
sessions are just too expensive.  All my emails and
browsing are hit-and-run.  I read everything off-line.

> 'Course, you may find your P166 is plenty fast enough :)

Fingers crossed.  I'm still in the process of pruning and
archiving my old stuff to open up the maximum space possible
for Slackware 8.1.  Once the CDrom arrives from LinuxCentral,
I'll see what this P166 can do.

Cheers,
Steven