On 7/4/06, Jason Lunz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 11:48:08PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Important info is "did kernel get control and crashed, or did it lock
> > up in firmware". Beeping patch can be used to debug that, as can be
> > Linus's RTC hack present in very new kernels.
>
> I tried out netconsole, and it works very well for getting output during
> the suspend/resume process.  So I've been trying out 64-bit s2ram while
> watching the netconsole, and have some interesting results.
>
> One: 64-bit s2ram actually works on my hardware, at least a little bit.
> The normal series of events goes like this:
>
> 1. s2ram (with VBE_POST, and the NO64 thing from my previous patch
>    disabled).
> 2. machine always suspends normally, power LED starts blinking.
> 3. resume. HD LED blinks, as well as wireless. After a few seconds, the
>    HD LED stays on solid. About 30 seconds after that, the keyboard
>    capslock LED starts blinking on and off.

The blinking is done by the kernel panic handler.

> bcm43xx: PHY connected
> bcm43xx: Radio turned on
> bcm43xx: Chip initialized
> bcm43xx: DMA initialized
> bcm43xx: 80211 cores initialized
> bcm43xx: Keys cleared
> bcm43xx: Device resumed.
[...]
> SoftMAC: Open Authentication completed with 00:12:17:3a:e2:c7
> Restarting tasks...<6>bcm43xx: set security called enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
> bcm43xx: set security called level = 0 enabled = 0 encrypt = 0
>  done
> bcm43xx: set security called active_key = 0 level = 4 enabled = 1 encrypt = 1
> bcm43xx: set security called enabled = 1 encrypt = 1
> hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21
> hda: DMA timeout error
>
> HARDWARE ERROR
> CPU 0: Machine Check Exception:                4 Bank 4: b200000000070f0f
> TSC 136e4622cf
> This is not a software problem!

Probably the PCI bus is confused. Don't know if it's ide driver or bcm fault...

I fixed a spurious MCE during resume on Athlon a couple of years ago,
but this one seems unrelated.

> Run through mcelog --ascii to decode and contact your hardware vendor
> Kernel panic - not syncing: Machine check
>  <4>atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86,
> might be trying access hardware directly.

The rest is caused by the led blinker.

> Anyone got a clue how to proceed from here?

Try to unload the wireless driver before suspending.

Luca