Hi,

i added the suspend-devel mailinglist to cc, to throw more expertise at your
problem :-)

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:42:36PM +0200, Miroslav Ruda wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm installing opensuse 10.1 on Dell Latitude D620 (with dual core intel
> CPU).
> Most of hardware works fine, but I have some problems with suspend to ram.
> Suspend works fine (with SUSPEND2RAM_FORCE="yes), but when I press power
> button
> or open lid, machine starts complete booting sequence, instead of resuming,

not good. It should at least hang with video off ;-)

> immediately. I have read something about this problem somewhere, but I'm not
> able to find it now :-( Do you have any idea what may be wrong?

Try the suggestions from http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram, but immediate boot on
resume does not sound too good :-(
Starting with minimal drivers (init=/bin/bash) is always a good idea.
Installing the -default kernel (non-SMP) is also worth a try.
--
Stefan Seyfried                     | "Please, just tell people
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |               to use KDE."