Hi,

As I announced a long time ago, I'm trying to get uswsusp to work with
splashy. I've been working on getting splashy to expose a nice library
interface which uswsusp can hook into. It is now more or less working,
but before I produce a patch I have a few questions.

The splash stucture as it is defined now, has a few functions of which
don't quite understand the meaning:

        splash->switch_to
        splash->to_silent
        splash->to_verbose

Am I correct to say that that to_silent/to_verbose are meant to make
bootsplash drop in a mode where a user can provide some interaction?

resume.c:
        splash.to_verbose();
        encrypt_init(key, ivec, buffer, 0);
        splash.to_silent();

If that's true, than I think that could be changed in suspend.c too:

suspend.c
        chvt(vt_no);
        encrypt_init(key_data->key, key_data->ivec, handle.write_buffer, 1);
        splash.switch_to();

Then there's one more call of switch_to, namely just after freeze

suspend.c
        error = freeze(snapshot_fd);
        .
        .
        splash->switch_to();

which IIRC was to workaround a bug in bootsplash, right?

Thanks for any comments,

grts Tim