Hi!

> > > I indeed tryied with way much less modules lodaded, without success:
> >
> > Well, you still have way too many modules. What about init=/bin/bash
> > boot?
>
> Well, with this, the system does not wake up either.
>
> Moreover, it *also* does not wake up properly when I boot with the
> 2.6.16 kernel.
>
> Indeed, when the suspend to RAM happens while the machine is in text
> mode, the system usually does not wake up properly, either with 2.6.16
>  or 2.6.17
>
> The wake up works well when initiated in graphics mode with the 2.6.16
> kernel.

Okay, can we get report at bugzilla.kernel.org (with all the
details, cc me and rafael)? I'm getting lost...

No, I do not know what the difference between .16 and .17 is... and we
may need to do git bisect after all..
                                                        Pavel
(cesky, pictures)
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html