Tim Dijkstra scripst:
>> is something like that possible. Suspend writes to (then encrypted with
>> /dev/urandom key) image of the frozen memory, so how can resume decrypt
> Random key?

Why not for swap? OK, except that suspend cannot work :-). Does it mean
that I should switch to inserting password for swap?

> Note that an initrd/initramfs can be generated apart from compiling the
> kernel. On debian it is generated at install time, based on how you
> configured your system, I would guess other distros do the same.

(BTW, I was using solely Debian/testing until recently when I had to
switch to Fedora for work reasons).

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz