On Tuesday, 7 November 2006 15:11, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 02:28:26PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > The same parameter works for 'resume', but currenty it needs to be set in
> > the config file.  However, when I finally apply the command-line-parsing
> > patch,
> > it'll be easy to add a command line switch for that.
>
> The module loading takes place after resuming, and we hopefully do not have
> to change the system wide loglevel after resume. It is generally nice to have
> the kernel messages on a dedicated console, just not mixed up with the s2disk
> messages :-)

Now that's strange, because the suspend loglevel (set by s2disk) should be the
current one after resuming and s2disk should switch it back to the original
one.

[BTW the kernel messages are available from dmesg anyway.]

> However, if the reason it is done that way is just "because we like it" and
> not a technical reason, i have no problem patching this in the SUSE package
> to use vt63.

We discussed it in detail when this code was being written and the reason
was certainly technical, because we had added a ioctl() to the kernel for
that, but I don't remember what it was.  I'll try to find it in the list
archives.

Still you can patch the SUSE package anyway. ;-)

--
You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
                R. Buckminster Fuller