On Monday 04 December 2006 10:30, Fabio Comolli wrote:
> Stefan, my laptop is different than Damien's. DV4000 is just the series
> name.

>---- This machine can be identified by:
>    sys_vendor   = "Hewlett-Packard"
>    sys_product  = "Pavilion dv4000 (ES973EA#ABZ)"
>    sys_version  = "               "
>    bios_version = "F.04".
>-----
>
> Damien, what's the exact model name of you laptop? Mine is DV4378EA.
> You should find the real model name near the memory slot, I think (I
> don't have the laptop with me right now).

Your're right. My model ID is DV4052EA.

> My laptop has Radeon X700 graphics; what about yours?

It's an Intel 915GM.

> Stefan, if I'm correct I think you should add the complete sys_product
> string in the whitelist.
>
> Regards,
> Fabio
>
> On 12/4/06, Stefan Seyfried <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 09:01:52PM +0100, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > My laptop (HP Pavilion dv4000) can be suspended-2-ram with the
> > > following command :
> > > s2ram -f -a 1
> > >
> > > It should be added in your database of supported models.
> >
> > It actually should already be in the database, since November 6th 2006,
> > but with a different workaround.

I'm using Debian sid, they provide an old snapshot of s2ram :
ii  uswsusp                           0.3~cvs20060928-4
tools to use userspace software suspend prov

I'll open a bug report to update the whitelist.

> > Fabio, did you also try the "-a" options on your dv4000 when you were
> > trying to find the best options?
> >
> > Damien, are you using a framebuffer console or plain vga textmode?

I'm using plain text console.

> > This is the current entry in the whitelist:
> >     /* Fabio Comolli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> */
> >     { "Hewlett-Packard", "Pavilion dv4000 *", "", "",
> > VBE_POST|VBE_SAVE|NOFB },

As Fabio said, you should use the full model name in whitelist.

Have a nice day,

--
.:= Damien Raude-Morvan aka DrazziB =:.
OpenPGP ID      : 0x85C79389