On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 09:25:22AM +0100, Fabio Comolli wrote:
> OK, thanks; I will test it as soon as I can.
> However, yesterday I tried commenting out my laptop's entry in the
> whitelist with this results (latest linux-git):
>
> * s2ram -f works in X but not in text console (screen remains black)

Yes, somehow expected. Most X drivers know how to get the light back on :-)

> * s2ram -a 1 as Damien reported working for his laptop resulted in a
> failed resume
>   followed by 45 minutes of fsck! Luckily, no damage (ext3 filesystem).

oops. This should not happen, it should not be worse than "battery runs
out and machine powers off hard" :-(

> So, I think that VBE_POST|VBE_SAVE|NOFB is mandatory for my laptop
> (and for sure I won't test anything different anytime soon ;-) ).

This is why i added two entries, one for each machine, so if you update
the whitelist from CVS (not sure if sf.net anoncvs still lags behind), then
you should be fine out of the box. :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried                  \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices      \ wanted to be paid for what I write."