OK, thanks; I will test it as soon as I can.
However, yesterday I tried commenting out my laptop's entry in the
whitelist with this results (latest linux-git):

* s2ram -f works in X but not in text console (screen remains black)
* s2ram -a 1 as Damien reported working for his laptop resulted in a
failed resume
  followed by 45 minutes of fsck! Luckily, no damage (ext3 filesystem).

So, I think that VBE_POST|VBE_SAVE|NOFB is mandatory for my laptop
(and for sure I won't test anything different anytime soon ;-) ).

Regards,
Fabio