> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:21:14AM +0000, Alan Mycroft wrote:
> > You've probably heard this before, but I find that my Toshiba M300 works
> > well with s2ram (and also [therefore?!] pm-suspend).
> >
> > Please could it be added to the whitelist (no further options appear
> > necessary
> > in that "s2ram -f" works straight from the box).
>
> Yes. But please check if it also works from the text console or only from X.
> Maybe you need additional options there.

Stefan,

Yes.  Sorry for being naive about this.  From X, s2ram -f works as I said.
However, testing vt4 (ctrl/alt/f4), I find that...
DOC> if the first try already succeeds, everything is fine. Send us
DOC> the output of s2ram -i. If it doesn't, try the following variations:
DOC>    * s2ram -f          <==============
Fails [relatively harmlessly in that the screen is unreadable after resume
for vt's until I switch to vt7 (X), after which all vt's work.]
DOC>    * s2ram -f -a 1         <==============
Fails similarly
DOC>    * s2ram -f -a 2         <==============
Works -- thanks for asking this question.

DOC>    * s2ram -f -a 3
DOC>    * s2ram -f -p -m
DOC>    * s2ram -f -p -s
DOC>    * s2ram -f -m
DOC>    * s2ram -f -s
DOC>    * s2ram -f -p
DOC>    * s2ram -f -a 1 -m
DOC>    * s2ram -f -a 1 -s
I didn't try these (should I?).

> > Now, all have have to figure out is: SUSE 10.2 uses pm-utils and there
> > appears no easy way to get a lid-close event to generate pm-suspend :-(
> (offtopic here :-)

Yes, sorry :-)

> Well, kpowersave just misses some GUI bits to be able to configure it, but
> read http://en.opensuse.org/KPowersave_0.7.x_config_tutorial for more
> information. gnome-power-manager should work.
> If you use no desktop applet at all, it should still be possible to configure
> it in /etc/powersave/events.

That's really useful information -- thank you again (30 secs off-topic has
saved me much searching for starting pointers -- which is what I was lacking).

Best, Alan
========