On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 08:30:56AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> s2ram works on my laptop with -f -a3 switches

Ok.

> The only problem is that after resume, fan is alway on (which is
> actually a problem from energy consumption point of view).

Well, this is probably not a s2ram.c bug, so i'll commit the whitelist
entry anyway.

> Another strange symptom is that, always after resume, the GNOME CPU
> Frequency Scaling Monitor 2.14.3 (Debian/Sid) shows an "Ondemand status"
> for CPU0 and "Performance" status for CPU1 while kpowersave says that
> both CPU are in a low frequency status.

There were problems with CPUfreq and userspace needing to reinitialize the
governors. But this is out of the scope of s2ram and it works for me with
pm-utils for instance. I'd suggest filing a bug with your distribution if
they don't do this correctly.

> s2ram -i
> This machine can be identified by:
>     sys_vendor   = "TOSHIBA"
>     sys_product  = "Satellite A100"
>     sys_version  = "PSB10U-SA10ES1"
>     bios_version = "1.70   "

Thanks for testing and reporting!
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"