On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:10:32PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 09:40:56PM +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> > i (again) added suspend-devel to cc:
>       sorry (again) for fogetting the right procedure :)
>

> > Hm, i actually have a hard time believing this and it looks more like a
> > bug in the keyboard driver, which might be hidden due to different timing
> > wiht "-f" vs. "-a 3".
> >
>       It may be. Do you think it is worth a deeper insight? In that
>       case, have you any suggestion on how to debug such behaviour?

If you are not into kernel hacking: not really ;-)
Trying it again with the latest available mm-kernel might be a good idea,
and if only to check if no new bugs have been added. There has been some
fixes and some reworking of the keyboard and mouse drivers lately, so it
might actually be better.

> > Anyway, does "s2ram -f" also work from text mode? Or only from X?
>       In fact, I do not need -f anymore (nor -a3): s2ram works as it
>       is both from console and from X. However, I also tried with -f
>       and it works from console while from X the keyboard is locked.
>
>       summarising:
>
>                       console         X
>                  ---------------------------------------------
>       s2ram      |    OK              OK
>       s2ram -f   |    OK              keyb locked after resume

Ok, so we'll leave it at the current "-a3" option set, which seems
to (at least) do no harm, but it hides the "we lose the keyboard"
bug :-)

>       Than you for developping and maintaining free software.

Thank you for testing :-)

Have fun,

    Stefan

--