On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 06:06:50PM +0100, Sascha Heid wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 28.02.2007, 08:56 +0100 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 02:35:27AM +0100, Sascha Heid wrote:
> > > Hi List :-)
> > >
> > > I have a Lenovo X60T Tablet.
> > > S2ram works fine but i loose the wacom stylus.

Do you need any options for s2ram BTW? Can you report them according to
http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram ?

> > > Usually i have to run " setserial /dev/ttyS0 port 0x0200 irq 5
> > > autoconfig" before i start X to make the stylus work, but it does not
> > > work when X is already up.

I asked a colleague who is working on a X40 Tablet and he said that recent
kernels have this fixed in the pnp driver.

> > > Is there a way to tell s2ram to run this early enough?
> >
> > No, but you can do this easily from pm-utils (or any wrapper script
> > around s2ram). But i doubt that it will really help.
> > Try first switching to a text console, then suspending, after resume
> > run your setserial command, then switch back to X. If this works,
>
> Yes that works.
>
> > you
> > can put it into a pm-utils hook or a wrapper script. If it doesn't, i
> > guess you need to fix X and the kernel serial drivers.
>
> Sorry i dont understand this part, how does that work, can you give me a
> pointer to some howto or example?

It somehow depends on what your distribution uses to suspend. If it uses
pm-utils, then the information in http://en.opensuse.org/Pm-utils might
help (some of it is SUSE-specific, though).

The most trivial (and pretty distro-agnostic) thing to do would be to
create a wrapper script:
--------
#!/bin/sh

usleep 250000 # work around X server "lots of CR in console" problem
chvt 1
s2ram
setserial /dev/ttyS0 port 0x0200 irq 5
chvt 7
---------

> PS: With software-suspend2 i can resurrect the Stylus easily since it
> lets you specify commands to run on resume, but i can not get rid of

This is the suspend2 wrapper script. s2ram is much more lowlevel than the
suspend2 wrapper script (which, AFAIK, also can use s2ram to suspend)
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Any ideas, John?"
"Well, surrounding them's out."