Hi Cédric,

First of all, thanks for testing! I'm cc-ing the suspend-devel list
maybe they can chime in if they have some idea...

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:03:34 +0100
"Cédric Boutillier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I compiled successfully uswsusp on my iBook (mid 2005), and installed
> the built package. I got the needed s2* binaries in /usr/sbin.
>
> However, when I typed : "sudo s2both", I got the following message:
> suspend: Could not use the resume device (try swapon -a).
>
> Here is the content of /etc/uswsusp.conf. /dev/hda3 is my swap partition.
>
> # /etc/uswsusp.conf(8) -- Configuration file for s2disk/s2both
> resume device = /dev/hda3
> compress = y
> early writeout = y
> image size = 486993182
> RSA key file = /etc/uswsusp.key
> shutdown method = platform
>
> Any idea ?

Well if your swap partition was up and running that means that one of
two ioctl's failed.

        error = ioctl(dev, SNAPSHOT_SET_SWAP_AREA, &swap);
        if (error && !offset)
                error = ioctl(dev, SNAPSHOT_SET_SWAP_FILE, blkdev);

Which kernel are you using? Could you try to catch the error code that
s2both returns? Or just add two printf's that print out the error code?

grts Tim