Hi Tim !

On 3/24/07, Tim Dijkstra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First of all, thanks for testing!

I am glad if I can be of any help on this. I am pretty interested in
having a suspend-to-disk solution working on my iBook.

> Which kernel are you using? Could you try to catch the error code that
> s2both returns? Or just add two printf's that print out the error code?

I have modified the three lines you mentionned as follows:
        error = ioctl(dev, SNAPSHOT_SET_SWAP_AREA, &swap);
        printf("Error: errno = %d\n", errno);
        if (error && !offset) {
                error = ioctl(dev, SNAPSHOT_SET_SWAP_FILE, blkdev);
                printf("Error: errno = %d\n", errno);
        }

After having rebuild and reinstalled the package, I get the followind messsage :
$ sudo s2both
Error: errno = 25
Error: errno = 22
suspend: Could not use the resume device (try swapon -a)
zsh: exit 22    sudo s2both

I am using debian kernel 2.6.18-4 (version  2.6.18.dfsg.1-11)

I would be happy to do more testing, with precise instructions.

Best,

Cédric