On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 00:17:22 +0100
"Cédric Boutillier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Which kernel are you using? Could you try to catch the error code that
> > s2both returns? Or just add two printf's that print out the error code?
>
> I have modified the three lines you mentionned as follows:
>         error = ioctl(dev, SNAPSHOT_SET_SWAP_AREA, &swap);
>         printf("Error: errno = %d\n", errno);
>         if (error && !offset) {
>                 error = ioctl(dev, SNAPSHOT_SET_SWAP_FILE, blkdev);
>                 printf("Error: errno = %d\n", errno);
>         }
>
> After having rebuild and reinstalled the package, I get the followind
> messsage :
> $ sudo s2both
> Error: errno = 25

ENOTTY, That is to be expected from 2.6.18, there isn't support yet for
SNAPSHOT_SET_SWAP_AREA

> Error: errno = 22
> suspend: Could not use the resume device (try swapon -a)
> zsh: exit 22    sudo s2both

OK, that is EINVAL. Reading the kernel source, it seems it can't
decode the value that represents the device we're sending to the kernel.
I don't understand ...

> I am using debian kernel 2.6.18-4 (version  2.6.18.dfsg.1-11)

> I would be happy to do more testing, with precise instructions.

Could you print out `blkdev'? Just to be sure, could you send the output of
ls -l /dev/hda3 ?

thanks Tim