Hi !
On 4/1/07, Johannes Berg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What kernel are you running? I thought we fixed that bug where echo mem

Oh ! I apologize ! I tested so many kernels on Friday that I
completely lost myself in all the versions....
I tried to reproduce this colorful screen using echo mem > ..... with
various kernels from 2.6.18 to 2.6.21-rc5, and this is what I got

LC_ALL=C echo mem >| /sys/power/state
echo: write error: no such device
zsh: exit 1

Indeed, cat /sys/power/state returns only disk.

I must have got the colorful screen with an old 2.6.16 kernel. This is
the only one that let me reproduce that, since for this one cat
/sys/power/state returns standby disk mem.

But anyway, the symptoms of echo mem>... for this kernel are very
similar to what I get with s2both on more recent kernels.

By the way, Raphael, it seems that with kernel >= 2.6.20, s2disk
suspends correctly even without your patch.

Cedric