Hi all !

I did some more tests this week. I have still difficulties to identify
the modules preventing the system from resuming properly. One of them
is certainly sungem, but even if my list of blacklisted modules is
quite long (appletouch, ohci_hcd, ehci_hcd, sungem, usbhid, hid), and
even if I try to add some other modules to this list, I still
relatively often find myself locked out the system after the system
reloaded the image from swap. Since I see no message neither on
console (I see just the message "Suspending console(s)"), nor in the
logs, I do not have an idea of what is really happening. Forcing
however removing ALL modules before suspend has never failed (up to
now).

I tried Johannes' patches from 2007-04-05 on 2.6.21-rc5. Hunk 14 on
via-pmu.c from patch 048-move-pmops-to-generic.patch failed, and I had
to apply it by hand. I got s2both running correctly. However s2disk
did not work anymore : the image would be written to swap, but then
instead of shutting down, the computer enters in a 'suspend-2-ram'
mode : the screen is off, the disk is stopped, and the led is blinking
as in s2ram. Pressing a key seems to wake the computer and then shut
it down. But pressing the power button has no action : I have to press
for several second to hear the computer halt completely. Pressing
again power starts up the system, which reloads correctly the image
from swap.

Best regards,

Cedric