"Paulo J. S. Silva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have also tried the LFDk CD and my machine also suspended right away.
>
> I have been trying to hunt this bug down, adding many printk to my
> kernel to see where the time is being spend.
>
> Up to now I can see that the system I get the following:
>
> enter_state in kernel/power/main.c is called that calls
> suspend_enter in kernel/power/main.c is called that calls
> device_power_up in drivers/base/power/resume that calls
> sysdev_resume in drivers/base/sys.c that start calling
>
> __sysdev_resume in the same file to resume type 'cpu' and it works OK,
> but when it is called to resume type 'timer' (actually the timer0) it
> seems to take too long.
>
> See the related portion of my messages.log below
>
> Is this the expected behavior? Should I try to debug deeper in the
> calling sequence?

What I'd like to know is what's different about the LFDK CD that makes
it work.  It's a 2.6.15 kernel.  Is that it?  It's a ubuntu kernel.  Is
that it?  Is there something special that the CD does?  I'm gonna work
on trying a 2.6.15 kernel.  Then I think I'll try building the LDFK CD
ISO for my distro using their docs.  After that I might try installing
ubuntu and seeing if that makes a different.  Now, how to find the
time.  :)

Ross