On Saturday 21 July 2007 11:50:01 Pavel Machek wrote:

> I'm not sure it is good idea. We should either let cpu frequency
> scaling do its job during suspend (it should just scale to the max
> when it sees cpu load), or force it to _minimum_. Machines will
> overheat on max cpufreq, and they may overload their batteries.

Afaik it is more efficient to run a notebook with max cpufreq for a short time
than to run it with a lower cpufreq for a long time. You should not forget,
that the CPU is only one component that uses energy and afaik compared to
everything else, it is not so much. When it is clear, that the CPU is the
bottleneck for suspend, then running the CPU with max frequency should save
some battery life. But imho it is better to test it first, maybe the ondemand
govenor is even better.

Regards,
Till