On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 12:46:04AM +0530, Arun Raghavan wrote:
> Hello all,
> For a long while now I've not been able to get suspend-to-ram to work
> on my HP Pavilion dv5200tx. Has anybody had any luck with this laptop
> model?
>
> Symptom: Suspend happens fine. On resume, there is very little
> activity (which I think is just the system looking at the DVD-ROM
> drive on startup) and then nothing happens -- the system hangs. The
> problem is not that of the display not returning -- *nothing* works. I
> have to do a hard power-off. I've tried with s2ram -f -a {1|2|3} as
> well as -p -s (booting with init=/bin/bash and keeping the kernel
> relatively minimal).

Are you using a framebuffer? If yes, try booting with "vga=0" for a
plain VGA console. There are machines that need this.

An alternative is using the following script, which _might_ also make
the framebuffer work:

#!/bin/sh
echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/state
s2ram -f -p -m ##### place other options here
echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/state

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)