De: Arun Raghavan [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fecha: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 00:46:04 +0530
Para: suspend-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Asunto: [Suspend-devel] STR resume failure on HP Pavilion dv5000

Hello all,
For a long while now I've not been able to get suspend-to-ram to work
on my HP Pavilion dv5200tx. Has anybody had any luck with this laptop
model?

Symptom: Suspend happens fine. On resume, there is very little
activity (which I think is just the system looking at the DVD-ROM
drive on startup) and then nothing happens -- the system hangs. The
problem is not that of the display not returning -- *nothing* works. I
have to do a hard power-off. I've tried with s2ram -f -a {1|2|3} as
well as -p -s (booting with init=/bin/bash and keeping the kernel
relatively minimal).

Suspend-to-disk works, mostly (it worked consistently on
2.6.20.something, IIRC, broke in between, and now seems to be back).

I suspect the AHCI driver (I've tried ata_piix too, but that too hangs
on resuming after an s2ram -f). I don't know if this is useful here,
but when trying suspend2, I get the following message:

<snip>
PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:1f.2 to 64
scsi0 : ahci
PM: Adding info for No Bus:host0
Device driver host0 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
scsi1 : ahci
PM: Adding info for No Bus:host1
Device driver host1 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
scsi2 : ahci
PM: Adding info for No Bus:host2
Device driver host2 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
scsi3 : ahci
PM: Adding info for No Bus:host3
Device driver host3 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0xf882c500 ctl 0x00000000 bmdma 0x00000000 irq
219
</snip>

Please let me know if there's more information that I can provide. Any
help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Regards,
--
Arun Raghavan