On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 12:20:00AM +0200, maestro wrote:
> Hello Stefan!
>
> well that does not sound that good :-(

unfortunately :-(

> one thing that i noticed when resuming on 2.6.18-1 (debian) kernel is
> that i can ping the resumed machine just fine and nmap returns the same
> open ports as before suspend - but i'm not able to connect to the
> running sshd on the resumed machine

This sounds like the kernel got started again, but somehow userspace is
defective (a broken disk driver could cause this). You could try to connect
via ssh before suspend, start "top", and then suspend. If "top" keeps
running after resume, this would point in the disk driver direction.

> another thing that i just tried comes from Suspend and hibernation
> status report [0]. it says that they introduced some "debug" mechanism
> that makes the kernel beep after control is handed back to the kernel
> during resume (search for r= in that article). - well just compiled
> 2.6.23-rc1 executed that command s2ram'ed the machine - "resumed" it and
> it did NOT beep. does that help in any way?

Note that, until you have a very recently checked out CVS version of s2ram,
you need to suspend the machine with "echo mem > /sys/power/state", since
old s2ram versions did not know about the beeping flags and might reset
them to 0 during suspend. OTOH they should only do this if you give a
"-a" option to s2ram...

> cheers and thanks again

I'll try to get hold of a similar machine this week, but since i'll be off
on vacation starting from thursday, i cannot promise that this will happen
soon :-(

> [0] http://lwn.net/Articles/243404/

Good luck :-)

    Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices        |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)