Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 11:08:26AM +0300, George Tellalov wrote:
>>      Hello,
>>
>> I have a Thinkpad 600e and I've found that s2ram sort of works. It needs "-f
>> -p -m" or otherwise the vga mode is messed up.
>
> Does it also work with "-a 3"? Most of the slightly newer Thinkpads work fine
> with "-a 3".

-a 3 results in a hard lock with caps lock and scroll lock blinking

>> Even after -p -m the X video mode is messed up but switching manually to a
>> virtual console and back to X fixes everything.
>
> Yes, i remember something like that from long ago tests on a 600e, however,
> given the state of the NeoMagic X-driver, i don't think anybody can do much
> about that :-(

This is not specific to the X driver. Without X running the situation is even
worse - the console is switched in some mode where the screen is bright grey
and
nothing is displayed. I tried to start X blindly but I failed. The only way out
of it was a restart. When X is running switching to a console and back to X
fixes both X and the console video modes.

I hope this helps.

Greetings

This e-mail was scanned for viruses using BitDefender