Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/5/_/837408/_/967581835/

Gary,
          There is always a great reluctance by govts to change things that
affect their revenue base and there has also been a worldwide trend for the
last 20 years towards User Pays which in most cases is a fairer and more
equitable distribution of the worlds wealth and a countrys wealth. . This in
many cases means the removal of govt subsidies, something that in the past a
number of largescale multi national industries have grown fat on. Initially
while these subsidies are in place it is believed they are necessary and
there is quite often a lot of persuasion to convince the general public they
are necessary. eg. In the case of NZ most of our overseas earnings
originally came from agricultural production and for a while in the 60s and
70s it was easy for the govt to subsidise those industries. With the opening
of the country to true free trade from 1984 onwards and the removal of
subsidies farmers were forced to become more efficient and competitive or go
to the wall. The result today is that NZ farmers are some of most efficient
in the world. Sure we know the Americans and the European Common Market
still have a lot of barriers and lobbies in place but we work towards
dismantling some of these and gradually developing a fairer system. While it
would be easy to go back to the old system if we listen to the pesimists in
reality most of us know that the only way to see a fairer system put in
place is to lead by example rather than pontificating about the injustice of
the existing system.
I suggest if you are serious about the implementation and use of more
natural fuels that you finish your certificate while at the same time
continuing to learn about and experiment with the manufacture and use of
these more natural fuels. At the end you will then have a qualification and
some practical experience that will stand you in good stead if you want to
go on and begin manufacture or whatever on a larger scale. At this stage
there are a number of technologies available and no-one knows which
technologies will win out but you can bet your bottom dollar that whatever
path you follow at present that the knowledge gained there will be of
benefit sometime in your life either directly or indirectly. The manufacture
of ethanol may be denied to you at this point in time for a little longer so
you can either do it illegally or start with biodiesel at this point. I dont
think this will last forever though. There are already something like 55
plants manufacturing ethanol in the States with the largest producing over
100,000,000 gallons p.a. and the smaller ones producing 10,000,000 gallons
p.a. All up something like 18 billion gallons last year. All of this really
started in the late 70s and early 80s following the Opec oil price increases
(although the simple technology had been around longer) so the industry
hasnt done too bad in just over 20 years.
As I said the easiest way to demonstrate and to convince people you are
serious is to lead by example.  I suggest you start by making biodiesel and
running yours or a friends old diesel car on it. The kids in Perth and
elsewhere arent going to remember or want to know that ADM in the States
makes well over 100,000,000 gallons of ethanol a year but they sure as hell
wont forget the first car they saw that ran on biodiesel and the guy that
was promoting the idea. If you think the idea is good and needs to be
listened to at some point you need to stand up and be counted. Good luck
with your efforts.
PS. If you run a friends old car on biodiesel make sure you have it right
because if you stuff his car he aint going to forget you either. Why not
involve one of your friends on the same course who thinks like you and I am
sure you will progress quite fast. As they same two heads think better than
one.
B.r.,  David Reid