>I have been looking for some easy recipes to make my own ethanol, without much
>luck.  I have an excess of cull potatoes here on the farm though, it doesn't
>look like they yield too well.  I also raise corn, wheat, and have feed grade
>molasses that I get pretty cheap.  From what I have found of them all the
>molasses is the easiest to convert, but I was hoping to try the others.  If
>anyone has fairly simple recipes to start with I would appreciate them.
>Thanks; Ben

Hi Ben

Have you looked at the Alcohol Fuel Manual in the Files section at
the list website?

The Manual for the Home and Farm Production of Alcohol Fuel
by S.W. Mathewson
Chapter index
http://www.egroups.com/files/biofuel/manual/manual_ToC.html

Chapter 10 INDIVIDUAL RAW MATERIALS
http://www.egroups.com/files/biofuel/manual/manual8-10.html#ch10
Sugar/Starch Content vs Alcohol
Saccharine Materials
Fruits
Molasses
Cane Sorghum
Sugar Beets
Sugar Corn Wastes
Starchy Materials
Grains
Jerusalem Artichokes
Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Cellolose Materials
Multiple Enzyme Treatment

Below are some previous postings on potatoes.

Hope this helps.

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects