--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Alan S. Petrillo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yepp. It has been done before. But now there are methods to
recover
> > cheaply the overpriced lipase, and this certainly is a way to look
> > at.
>
> Do you have any links to these methods?  In any event, if the
demand for
> lipaze became big enough the price would go down because
manufacturers
> of the stuff could take advantage of an economy of scale.
We have a method for obtaining porcine lipase and entrapment of it in
our archive. Immobilized lipaze is recoverable by filtration. Lipase
demand is already big enough and the price instead of going down is
going up! That's biotech busyness for you. At this moment enzyme
manufacture is one of the most lucrative productions. Immagine
getting 300+$ for a gram of substance. Beats the hell out of heroin!

> I know isopropyl alcohol makes the best gas line antifreeze.
For now I learned that branched alcohol esters have winter properties
of dinodiesel.

> Perhaps you could first coat little ceramic beads with a "binder" of
> some sort and then use that to stick the lipaze to them.
I'll try to stick it to diatom. earth. Cheaper. Higher shear.

> On a similar subject, is there any possibility that a metallic
catalyst
> might be used, similar to that found in a catalytic converter?
> Platinum?  Paladium?  Electrically charged?
Those are all for oxidation. We don't have such a reaction.

> Either way, such a thing would make the process -=*MUCH*=- easier.
It will.

Cheers, Aleks