Keith replied:
>  Does this shed any light?
>
>  "In allowing fats and oils to react with a lower alcohol in the
>  presence of a catalyst to produce a lower alkyl ester of fatty
>acids
>  by subjecting the triglyceride contained in the fats and oils to
>  exchange reaction, a solid basic catalyst composed of a potassium
>  compound or a calcium compound and iron oxide or a potassium
>compound
>  and zirconium oxide is used as the catalyst."
>
>  >Yes, what's the source?
>
>Well now, we journalists go to prison rather than reveal our
>sources... :-) I'll tell you when you're 21.

Ohhhh... so that's how the system works!? Well then, I'm older than
21. OK Keith, now it's time for you to fess up per this source and
shed more light on  us. ;-)

 From the above description it almost sounds like one could initiate
the reaction by stirring the oil/water/lipase/calcium-salt emulsion
in an old rusty steel tank. It is obvious that essential info is
still missing.

>  > I think that diat. earth as a carrier is good enough.
>
>Yeah, little animal skeletons, hollow inside. Made of calcium, aren't
>they?

Diatom skeletons are mostly silicon. However, coral is calcium-based.
--
...Warren Rekow