Hi Keith, skaar and All,
--- Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >would it be a good idea to smelt them in a home
> foundry?  what would a
> >guy do with the acid?  is the casing recyclable?
> anybody found an easy
> >way to reform sulphuric acid yet?
    While I have recycled battery lead for a sailboat
keel I built, I don't recommend it. Don't breath the
fumes. This goes for soldering too.
      The acid is very weak but probably contains
lead. It's best to let battery recyclers do it with
the proper equipment.
      I've been studing how to make sulfuric acid.
First you roast sulfur with air thru catalyst making
sulfur dioxide then you make sulfur trioxide by runing
SO2 thru another catalyst. Then you react it with
water to make sulfuric acid. Not something you would
do at home but a large farm, ethanol co-op might.
        Hope this helps,
              jerry dycus