Thanks for the reply.  It seems that the clogging would be unlikely
if you get a good reaction and the gravity comes out in spec.  I just
wanted to get a first hand account from someone running unwashed bd.
I plan to run the finished product through a 5-10 micron filter, does
that matter?  What about using a mixture with regular diesel (mostly
bd.)?

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ed-
> Sorry no one with more experience has answered this for you yet,
I've
> noticed you've posted this a number of times without response. I am
> by no means experienced on this topic, but from what I've gleaned
> from discussions here and numerous links from Keith's and Steve's
> sites, the problem would be clogging of injection valves. The
> glycerin will clog up the valves making for bad or incomplete
> atomization and poor combustion. Diesels CAN run on heated veggie
> oil, but all the posts I've read on people who do this also start
and
> stop their engines with diesel from a secondary tank for precisely
> the reason of cleaning out those valves. I'm not so sure about
diesel
> generators, because it seems people run these on straight oil
without
> the diesel starts and stops. Please check out the links from
Journey