Thanks Jerry,
Thats helps. Interesting info on the temp vs salt water and temp vs
efficiency.
Your right. Trace inverters/batteries and the like ARE too expensive.
Since 2.5Kw won't run my whole house I was also thinking of just running one
portion of the house on the genset. When the genset is not running... my APC
1250VA UPS (900 watts out) would automatically kick in (I would disable the
beeping). Of course I would add 2 more batteries to the UPS for longer run
time. I figure that if I get another UPS when I have some bucks, add another
portion of the house, then another. I paid $103.00 for my used 1250 (with
good batteries) from eBay. All the UPS's would be plugged into the gen set
to recharge the batteries when they are low, and clean up the dirty
electrical output of the gen set while its running.
Suggestions/ideas on maximizing utilization of a bio-diesel gen set are
welcome.
Eric